World-leading web platform for on-line ship inspections
- ClientIdwal Marine
- LocationCardiff, UK & Shanghai, CHN
- Customer since2013
- Scope of cooperationAnalysis, Project Design, Implementation, Maintenance and Support
Idwal Marine is a leading independent global maritime consultancy and service company that conducts ship inspections and surveys, arranges and supervises repairs and lay-up, provides a full dry-dock management service, and solves technical shipping problems.
Idwal Marine assists a diverse global client base including lending banks, financial institutions, private equity groups, ship owners, brokers, insurers, and charterers worldwide by inspecting and identifying the technical risks of a wide range of different maritime assets.
Our challenge was to build a unique web platform, that will allow for:
- Instant quotations for vessel pre-purchase and condition inspections through a unique online platform
- Optimizing work and reducing operating costs
- Increasing online lead conversion and attracting new customers.
Together with Idwal Marine’s team of experts we managed to create a world-leading digital innovation in the global market of ship inspections (the first of its kind in the shipping industry) that featured:
- Advanced e-commerce
- Customer portal
- Business back-office system based on our unique ASAP™ (Advanced Service Automation Platform) suite and .Net framework.
Project managementIPMA (project management), SCRUM (software development) Jira, MS Project
Technology.Net, MS SQL Server - Azure, JQuery, Windows 2008R2
Frameworks, libraries/sourcesBootstrap, modernizr, jQuery (validate, ui)